FTC Disclaimer: This blog post is affiliated with ShopStyle, and I may get commission for every link click/purchase of these products. These opinions are solely my own and I would never recommend a product that I did not love and use on a regular basis.
Although we still have a few months left, Summer 2017 is coming to a close. There's a month until classes begin, and then all of my Summer hopes and dreams come to an end (haha). This Summer has definitely been busy - from having a Summer job to doing Summer classes. Thankfully, I've decided to drop my last Summer class, so I have a month to recuperate before I begin my 18 credit hours next semester... wish me luck. With Summer comes a ton of time to test out new items and experiences. Here are a few of my favorites!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
I've always been an overachiever... everything I've been tasked with has to be done ten times better/faster than is expected of me. With high school, for example, instead of graduating in four years, I graduated in three and had two years of college under my belt. Now with college, I'm trying to speed along to get done with my BA before law school. (And I'll probably be tempted to speed along with law school, as well.)
Having an education and building a foundation for your future career or graduate school also means being well-rounded. This puts on the pressure of being in a ton of student organizations, having a social life, having time to yourself, working, and still being able to succeed in your classes. I went into this upcoming semester with a heavy load... I would be taking 18 credit hours, I would be President of Wishmakers on Campus (and then later found out that I would have to take over as President of another huge organization on campus), I would be apart of a Children's Miracle Network Danceathon, I would be working, I would be studying for the LSAT, I would be rushing to be in a sorority, and I would have to try to find time to relax and actually be a human. Every time I thought of the work load I would have for the upcoming semester, I would go numb.
Last night, I stumbled upon a Facebook video about High School Musical. This video sparked my interest in watching the movie again (for the 5000th) time. As a child, I was a High School Musical fanatic. I owned 3 copies of the first movie alone (for some reason, I was convinced I needed the original version, the Remix version, AND the sing along... and yes, I did watch every single one multiple times). Any time I hear that the movie will be on TV, I jump to watch it and sing along without any regrets or remorse. I find myself enjoying the movie even more now than I did as a child. I've decided to pull a Buzzfeed and disclose every single thought I had while watching the movie on Netflix last night (God bless Netflix for having HSM and HSM2, but can they get HSM3 sometime??).
1. Why did Troy not ask Gabriella where she lived when they were supposed to call each other the next day? Why did Disney have to make it seem like the end of the world when Gabriella walked off?
2. What kind of high school has that much school pride? Is this a 24/7 pep rally?
3. Why doesn't Sharpay get in trouble for sitting on Troy's desk? Did her teachers not discipline her?
4. Why did every single person have their ringer on in Ms. Darbus's classroom? Have they ever heard of vibrate?
5. I know this movie way too well for my own good.
6. "Nice penmanship.": The most savage compliment of all time.
7. "The music in their shows isn't hip hop or rock." Chad, have you ever heard of Hamilton?
8. Troy's friends don't know he sings, yet they all casually break into song during practice.
9. I wonder how many basketball teams used "Getcha Head in the Game" as apart of their practice warm up routine in 2006.
10. The all-star Wildcat basketball team apparently only needed a practice 2 minutes and 28 seconds long two weeks before the biggest game of the season.
11. Sharpay's nail tap after Gabriella corrected their teacher gave my 5 year old self life.
12. "What temerity!" @ Disney Channel, how do you expect your audience to know what that means? (btw, it means "excessive confidence or boldness, audacity")
13. "Flinging balls for touchdowns." A+, Ms. Darbus.
14. Why does Disney Channel think cheerleaders live their entire lives cheering?
15. Why does Sharpay walk like she's straight out of the disco era?
16. Chad's shirt: "I come with my own background music." Why yes, Chad, you do. This is a movie musical, after all.
17. Why was there not a single teacher that shopped Troy to ask where he was going during his elaborate "shortcut"?
18. "Was that a cellphone?" Ms. Darbus, you've been teaching here for years. You should know what the warning bell sounds like.
19. Don't worry, Ryan, I loved your jazz square.
20. Why was the entire school okay with siblings playing love interests in this musical?
21. Is this musical going to have anyone but Sharpay and Ryan? What about supporting roles? Extras? Are holograms and clones a thing at East High?
22. What kind of school writes all of their musicals instead of buying the rights to another?
23. Why was my high school cafeteria not like East High's? Mine smelled like bat poop.
24. "A saw?" Yes, this guy plays a saw. Brilliant idea.
25. Sharpay's outfit in the "Stick to the Status Quo" scene was A1, but Gabriella had to go and ruin it.
26. I don't even like chili cheese fries, but why couldn't my school have them?
27. Can I save Sharpay's scream as my ringtone?
28. Poor Zeke just wants to bake, but no one will let him.
29. How old is Ms. Darbus? I always thought she was an elder when I was a kid.
30. I looked it up. She was 47.
31. "Evaporate, tall person." ME.
32. The rooftop garden is so aesthetically pleasing.
33. Why does the sheet music for "Breaking Free" not have any words? How are they supposed to know when to come in?
34. Troy randomly dancing to himself while painting boxes is 100% me at work (minus the painting boxes part).
35. Look at Gabriella wearing those olive pants before it was a trend. Vanessa was a trendsetter even before Coachella.
36. Ha! Coachella, Gabriella. Coincidence? I think not.
37. Troy Bolton's ball drop was the 2006 equivalent of a mic drop.
38. If I put Zac Efron in my refrigerator, will I stick to my diet plan?
39. What does Gabriella use for her hair's volume? I need it in my life.
40. Everyone talks about "Gotta Go My Own Way", but not "When There Was Me & You", even though it was the best solo of all time.
41. This song brings back so many memories of crushing High School Musical: Sing It!
42. I swear Gabriella has worn the same shade of blue three days in a row.
43. Troy Bolton: *checks nonexistent watch*
44. "Exclamation point!"
45. Why does Ryan not know what "Go drama club!" says?
46. So was "Bop to the Top" a part of Twinkle Towne? If so, I'd like to see Troy and Gabriella do their own rendition of it.
47. Does the scholastic decathlon team not have a club sponsor?
48. Remember the Suite Life of Zack and Cody episode where no one thought Maddie looked like Sharpay?
49. Gabriella's mom's face when she sees them singing "Breaking Free". :')
50. Troy giving Kelsi the game ball. :')
51. WILDCATS SING ALONG YEAH YOU REALLY GOT IT GOING ON.
52. Where did Gabriella get this dress?
No more thoughts were given because it is criminal to watch the "We're All in This Together" scene without dancing along.
FTC Disclaimer: This blog post is affiliated with ShopStyle, and I may get commission for every link click/purchase of these products. These opinions are solely my own and I would never recommend a product that I did not love and use on a regular basis
Stationary is something I find way too much joy in. I'm the type of person who, when stressed, will literally sit down and write five pages of notes just about my undergraduate course plan (course descriptions and semesters offered included). School shopping time was always my favorite because I could get all of the notebooks, pencils, and pens that I wanted. Stationary is a great way to stay organized and look like an adult, even when you feel like you may not be. I've rounded up a few of my favorite stationary items, and for my 10th (!!!) blogpost, I've decided to tell my top 10 stationary items!