FTC Disclaimer: This blog post is affiliated with ShopStyle, and I may get commission for every link click/purchase of these products. These opinions are solely my own and I would never recommend a product that I did not love and use on a regular basis.
Although we still have a few months left, Summer 2017 is coming to a close. There's a month until classes begin, and then all of my Summer hopes and dreams come to an end (haha). This Summer has definitely been busy - from having a Summer job to doing Summer classes. Thankfully, I've decided to drop my last Summer class, so I have a month to recuperate before I begin my 18 credit hours next semester... wish me luck. With Summer comes a ton of time to test out new items and experiences. Here are a few of my favorites!
1. My blonde: This summer, I decided I needed a change. I've wanted to go blonde since Hannah Montana came out in 2006. I was kind of iffy about it because I didn't know how adding blonde into my hair would look, but I love it so much more than I ever thought I would! If you are wanting to try something new with your hair, just do it! The worst that can happen is that you'll either have to dye it back or grow it out! At least you can say you did it!
2. Not Your Mother's Blonde Moment Treatment Shampoo ($5.99): With my blonde came the need for toning. I was never extremely impressed with Shimmer Lights when I used it in the past with highlight or ombre, so I knew I wasn't going to use it this time. I came across this shampoo in Target and knew I had to try it! The violet pigment is extremely deep and dark. I usually leave it on for about 1-2 minutes before rinsing and following up with my toning conditioner. This is a great low-end/budget toning shampoo!
3. Pravana The Perfect Blonde Conditioner ($19.99 for 10.01 oz): This conditioner was recommended to me by my stylist, and I love it! It definitely does help tone, and I might also try out the shampoo to see if it's a great high-end option for toning shampoos. When using this conditioner, I put a shower cap over my head and leave it in for about 5-7 minutes (sometimes longer if my hair is needing a bit more toning). It has also greatly helped the upkeep of my hair since it has coconut oil in it! You can find this conditioner here.
4. Hot Tools Curling Iron ($49.99): I've always had trouble finding a curling iron that actually worked with my fine, hard-to-curl hair. Every curling iron would either not curl my hair, or would just randomly stop heating up. When my stylist curled my hair after bleaching it, I loved it! It made the balayage flow so well and just looked flawless. I needed a curling iron that would actually work without frying my hair off. One day, I was watching a YouTube video by Tori Sterling and she recommended this one! Let me tell you... it works wonders! It's also a lot more affordable than I initially thought. You can find it here.
5. Bath & Body Works 3-Wick Candles ($24.50): I know these candles aren't some kind of new and amazing find, but I think Bath & Body Works has definitely stepped up its candle game this Summer! The jars for the candles are so beautifully decorated and will make a great storage piece after I finish burning the wax. The two scents I got are Rose Water & Ivy and Mineral Springs. I love to light one of these while getting ready for work or just relaxing in bed. BONUS: right now (7/5/17), these candles are only $12.50!!
6. LUSH Bath Bomb in Intergalactic ($7.75): I've always dreamt of using a LUSH Bath Bomb, but because there aren't any stores around me, I never was able to. I recently ordered the Intergalactic Bath Bomb online, and it far exceeded my expectations. I didn't think LUSH Bath Bombs would be any greater than other ones in stores, but they definitely are. The pigment in the bomb completely transformed my bath, and the smell lingered in my house (and on me) for hours! I will definitely be buying LUSH Bath Bombs from now on!
7. Kate Spade Cookbook ($34.00): I'm about to move into an apartment style dorm at my university and know I will be cooking a ton. To make it easier, I needed a cookbook. I didn't want just any old cookbook, though, I wanted something that fit my personality! When I found this one at a boutique, I knew it was the one for me. Not only does it have an adorable pattern, but the recipe section is also perfect. There are many tabs/sections, and the actual recipe pages leave plenty of room to write down all of your ingredients and instructions. I can see myself using this for many years on end. You can find this cookbook here.
8. Hunter Rain Boots ($150.00): I've wanted Hunter rain boots for many years. They're a stylish take on normal rain boots found in stores like Target, and are also very durable. I cannot count the amount of times it flooded during school last year and I wished I had something to keep my feet from getting wet. So, when I found someone local that didn't want her rain boots anymore, I was quick to swipe them up. I love these and will definitely look into purchasing more in the future! You can find these boots here.
9. Tarteist Pro Glow Palette ($45.00): This was another recommendation from Tori Sterling. As someone with extremely pale skin, it's always hard for me to find a bronzer or contour product that didn't look like mud on my face. I love the creme and powder contours in this palette because they are cool toned (so I don't look orange) and also aren't too dark for my complexion. The highlight shades in this palette are also amazing! Another plus is that this palette smells like cupcakes. You can find it here.
10. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Polish ($9.99): I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I've always had problems with my polish either chipping or smudging within a few hours of painting my nails. A coworker of mine recommended this line to me, and I'm so glad she did! Not only does the polish dry fast, but it also stays intact way longer than any other polish I've tried. These polishes are definitely worth the price, and I will definitely continue to buy them! You can find this polish line here.
If you decide to try out any of these products, please let me know! Also, if you have any products that you think I should try out, leave them in the comments! I'm always looking for new things to try.